Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dinner at Carvelli's - Wisconsin Dells, WI


First full day in Wisconsin (8/3/08).
505 Broadway in Wisconsin Dells, WI.

My Cannelloni Rustici, which was like a noodle crepe "stuffed with ground meat, spinach, and ricotta finished with bechamel and tomato sauce":



Mom's ... I dunno what they called this, but it looks pretty simple. The fresh cheese on top was good:


Dad's bruschetta, which was also very good and very garlic-y (this was an appetizer):


Ryan got spaghetti with two (I think) giant meatballs, which he got for free because the waiter brought him a child's spaghetti w/ meatballs plate on accident. He really didn't have to do that!

My salad was pretty good. Loved the creamy Italian dressing.


Really good bread. Soft and warm.



Oh, how I love olive oil. I used to dislike it but then I'd eat it anyway for some reason. I love when restaurants give you non-sourdough bread with olive oil before your meal.
Reminds me of the time RJ drank olive oil at Macaroni Grill before junior prom. Funny.



Excellent food, nice, clean, and spacious building, and friendly and helpful service. It's pricey (my dish, which came with the salad, was about $15), but I would definitely go back. Didn't feel like we were in Wisconsin Dells at all (i.e., it was a nice, upscale restaurant in the middle of a semi-rural area full of sorta scruffy, overweight Americans).

No comments: