Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Marat's Restaurant - Fresno, CA


Marat's Restaurant
8961 N Cedar Ave # 103
Fresno, CA 93720-4831

Oh, goodness. Just look at that. The triangular thing is a cheese-filled fillo pastry called borek/burek/boereg, the little dark things are yalanchi/yalanci (grape leaves wrapped around rice), and the other three items are dolma (cabbage wrapped around meat and rice). Please note that there are different variations of dolma and yalanchi/yalanci. The ones you've tried may not be exactly the same as these...but these are the names the menu of this place gave us. This food is all from Marat's in Fresno (on Cedar and Shepherd), and I highly recommend it. My family loves going there because the food is delicious and consistent, and the owners are really nice and friendly. Took these pics on July 12th when my dad, bro, and I ate w/ my maternal grandparents. My paternal grandparents, and my aunts and uncles love it too. I also brought my friends from Berkeley here, who also fell in love with it. Man...I want some now.


No comments: