Saturday, November 1, 2008

Crixa Cakes: Pumpkin Pie, Flourless Chocolate Cake, etc.

Saturday, 11.1.08
With Minh-Chau!

2748 Adeline Street in Berkeley
Website HERE (omg look at those pics!) *My receipt below*

Flourless chocolate cake (sooo chocolatey without being overwhelming; the powdered sugar is a nice touch, although I could have done without it too; MC and I agreed that this cake dissolves in your mouth; I would buy it again sometime...perhaps for someone else):

Pumpkin pie (this was really good too, but I have a low tolerance for sugar; I think if it had a teeny bit less sugar, it would have been perfect; nice texture, pumpkin flavor, and balance of spices) **By the way, I went to Crixa Cakes mainly to try their pumpkin pie because of this**:



Looks like an ice cream scoop, but it's a meringue (for Kurtis! I'm not that big of a pig!):








Soooo good. Want to go back and try everything else. haha I really want to try that sweet Russian bread. And the Boston cream pie and the tiramisu. So bad. haha

Yikes...expensive. But so yummy.

No comments: