Friday, July 3, 2009

Somen Salad!

This is the perfect summer meal: It's cold, healthy, easy, colorful, tasty, and adaptable. I found the dressing recipe from Group Recipes, and I just chose and added the ingredients according to my preference & memory. Most families and churches that have made this have used the ingredients I used + kamaboko and - the chicken (I just used chicken because we're trying to eat up leftovers lol).

Sorry...not the greatest picture in the world. So dark.

Usually somen salad has kamaboko too, but I didn't include it this time:


SOMEN SALAD RECIPE (Original here; I made a lot more):

  • 5-6 pkg boiled somen (enough to fill a huge pot of boiling water)
  • 1/2 head shredded lettuce (I used iceberg)
  • 2 cups finely cubed ham or (You can also use Chinese BBQ pork)
  • 2 eggs, scrambled flat (don't stir them in the pan; just fry )
  • 3-4 finely chopped green onions (I used one stalk)
  • cooked chopped chicken

    SAUCE (I doubled the original amount!):
  • 4 T sesame seeds
  • 4 T sugar
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 6 T rice vinegar
  • 4 T soy sauce
  1. Boil noodles according to package (~3 min)
  2. Drain noodles and rinse thoroughly with cold water until cold
  3. Put noodles in large bowl
  4. Add ingredients over noodles
  5. Mix sauce in bottle
  6. Shake very well and pour over entire salad

    Eat it cold!!

No comments: