Friday, August 6, 2010

Food at Safeco Field

It's pronounced "Safe-Koh"--not "Sah-fey-koh" like I had been calling it. Oops! Anyway, for those of you who don't know, Safeco Field is the home field of the Seattle Mariners. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but it really is exciting going to games. The guys aren't difficult to look at (lol), the food can be interesting, and it's a great place for people watching. I just dread the day when they'll show my face on that huge screen for everyone to see. So far they've only gotten my brother. Whew!! I didn't mean to make it sound like we go to a bunch of games. :o/ Together we've been to a Boston Red Sox (Fenway Park) game, a San Francisco Giants (AT&T Park) game, and now a Mariners game. My parents and I agreed that Boston had hands-down the best fans (sooo enthusiastic, loud, and respectful throughout the whole game! + they sang a "Sweet Caroline" in unison). Hmm...and lots of seats were empty the other day at Safeco. That's enough about baseball. It's food time! Shoulda taken pics of the food stands that surrounded the entire field.

My dad got a pretzel (too salty! and the dough was just alright), dog, and soda:

I just got Dippin' Dots (cookies 'n' cream) because we had just eaten dinner. I didn't know that they put chunks of cookie in their cookies 'n' cream, but I guess that makes sense! I thought they would just swirl the flavors around. Anyway, it's expensive ($4.50 for this little cup), but it's fun and yummy and different than regular ice cream. The fam and I shared a coffee and a hot chocolate (not good, by the way...too sweet) from Starbucks too when it got colder.


No comments: