Saturday, August 21, 2010

Seattle Food Tour Stop 8: Steelhead Diner

Taste Pike Place Food Tour with Seattle Food Tours

Steelhead Diner
95 Pine Street
Pike Place Market
Seattle, WA 98101
Website here.

We concluded the tour at Steelhead Diner for salad and bread. Their menu looks delicious and diverse: Pulled pork, latkes, crab cakes, sausage, catfish, halibut, meatloaf, salmon.... Like I've said probably a hundred times, I hate crab and fishy stuff like catfish, but I had to show you how diverse the menu is. See for yourself here (lunch menu). What a nice, relaxing end to a great tour. I highly recommend food tours for when you go out of town. We went on a good one in Chicago too.


The salad was interesting: Greens, large chunks of apricot, goat cheese, and macadamia nuts. As good as it sounds and looks, and as much as I love fruit, nuts, and cheese in my salad, it's not something I'd order at this place. The dressing was missing something in my opinion. It felt too dry and sour in my mouth. The bread was good though!

No comments: