Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato, & Basil Orzo Salad


all mixed up:


My parents, bro, and I love orzo, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil, so why not throw something like this together? I rarely make things without recipes because I'm no recipe-making expert, but I was confident that this would be easy to make because I've made something similar with a recipe before several times. Plus, it's true that after making dishes after dishes, you start to realize that you can make some things without recipes based on just knowing what ingredients go well together. Kinda like how you can put chocolate and other toppings on ice cream without an actual recipe. 

Anyway, here are the ingredients (you just adjust them as you see fit):
* Cherry or grape tomatoes
* fresh mozzarella balls
* Chopped up fresh basil
* olive oil
* red wine vinegar
* balsamic vinegar (couldn't decide which vinegar to use, so I put in a little of both)
* salt
* pepper
* Turkey bacon (added at the end - optional)

* NOTE: Serve cold! Refrigerate all ingredients mixed well together for at least an hour or two.

I want to try this with more or different ingredients!

1 comment: