Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pacific's Edge (Restaurant at Highlands Inn) - Carmel, CA

Pacific's Edge
120 Highlands Dr
ive
Carmel, CA 93923
Website here - Beautiful pictures of the interior!
Dinner menu here.

Blake and I celebrated our 1-year anniversary in Carmel. This was our first night's dinner (we didn't stay at this hotel though). One of the fanciest meals I've ever had. Sheez. That's a real flower on the table (as if that's the giveaway...lol). I ordered the "Berkshire Pork Chop" ("10 oz, apricott chutney") and a side of "Anson Mills Polenta" (sooo creamy and DELICIOUS...I'd never had polenta so white and creamy!), and Blake had his beloved "Bone-In Rib Chop" ("16 oz, cast iron seared, red wine jus") with a side of "Parmesan Potato Gratin." Both sides were perfect. I loved how my dish was a good balance between salty and sweet, but it was really difficult to cut my pork chop. I should have asked for a better knife, but oh well. At least the meat was tender on the inside. You're supposed to eat here before or around sunset so you can see the ocean view right outside the window next to your table, but we got there at 8 and didn't sit at our table until 9ish. I'm so fortunate to be able to eat like this.
I never take meals like this for granted, and I never think that I deserve them. I even struggled with the idea of not blogging about fancy food.

I didn't take a picture of the herb bread. Thick & soft on the inside with a slightly hard crust on the outside and full of herbs (rosemary and thyme?). Yum. They serve it to you individually with metal tongs.


No comments: