Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A.W. Shucks Oyster & Cocktail Bar - Carmel, CA

A.W. Shucks Oyster & Cocktail Bar
Ocean Ave btwn San Carlos & Dolores
Carmel , CA   93921
Yelp ratings here.

Blake and I just went here because we wanted some seafood. We hadn't heard anything about it from reviews or friends. I am NOT an oyster fan (and I've tried it so many times). It is just too fishy/ocean-y tasting. Bleh. Anyway, we had lunch here on Saturday, September 3rd in Carmel. He got some oysters (three kinds--see below) and a bacon burger, and I got beer battered fish & chips and their drink called Pink Panties (pineapple juice, watermelon, & ?? vodka? with a cherry at the bottom. I can't find the menu description online). The food was really good. The fish was nice and thick with a great light & flaky batter. But sooo greasy. I got full pretty fast. Their bread with butter was good but kinda hard on the outside (perfect for Blake though). The drink was okay. The amount of alcohol was pretty much perfect, but it didn't taste amazing.

Blake had his Coors Light, of course. Here's the "Pink Panties." lol I mostly got it for the name.


Blake's oysters:



 This was not the meaty-est piece, but oh well.:


No comments: