Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Russian Tea Cakes

Snow balls/Russian tea cookies/Mexican wedding cakes: One of my favorite cookies!

I made the walnuts chunky instead of finely chopped for the first time!

I love these cookies so, so much. I brought them to a kids event the other week, and some kids thought they were donut holes. haha Then I made more for Christmas Eve because my aunt and I like powdered sugar-covered cookies and they look so pretty and snowy!

Recipe from AllRecipes

1 cup butter (2 standard-sized cubes)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2) In a medium bowl, cream butter & vanilla until smooth
3) Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar & flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended
4) Mix in chopped walnuts
5) Roll dough into 1-inch balls & place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet
6) Bake for 12 minutes in preheated oven
7) When cool, roll cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar (I actually roll them when they're still at least a little warm)

No comments: