Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chicken Marsala & Ravioli @ Madera Valley Inn Coffee Shop - Madera, CA

Madera Valley Inn Coffee Shop
315 N G Street
Madera, CA 93637

Last night (7/14) Blake and I took our bachans (grandmas) to Madera for dinner, and after that we had a delicious homemade peach pie at Blake's parents' and grandma's house. Yummy night!
Why did we choose the Madera Valley Inn Coffee Shop? Because last year when I had chicken marsala at F. McLintocks in Shell Beach, Blake's bachan ordered the same thing and said that the chicken marsala at the Madera Valley Inn Coffee Shop is much better. I agree! This one below had a stronger wine flavor and was not thick & goopy at all like the one at McLintocks--not that that one was gross; it was just not as good. I liked how this came with steamed broccoli and pilaf too!



Blake's ravioli. I know they're known for their spaghetti and ravioli sauce, but honestly while the sauce was good, the ravioli and the lasagna noodles were a little too soft for me. Everyone else enjoyed the noodles. I think those canned Chef Boyardee ravioli ruined soft noodles for me. That soooffft texture kinda weirds me out now even if the sauce is good. Oh well. Glad I got the chicken marsala! Yum!



No comments: