So, so simple and so delicious.
RECIPE from Giada de Laurentiis (The Food Network)
Fig version here from Oprah
Giada called it a bruschetta, but I like the name "crostini" better because that's what Mia called it when she made it for me. Her mom made some for their family, Melissa, and me in New Jersey too. By the way, Mia prefers to make this with Gorgonzola Dolce, which is softer and a little sweeter. I have to try it that way sometime.
36 slices (1/2-inch thick) baguette bread, about 1 loaf
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounces Gorgonzola, sliced
* Optional: Chopped toasted walnuts - I used pecans because we ran out of walnuts *
3 tablespoons honey
(1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
(2) Arrange sliced baguette on a baking sheet
(3) Brush with olive oil
(4) Bake until the bread is golden & crisp (~10 min)
(5) Arrange cheese on the toasts & bake until the cheese is melted (~3 min)
(6) Drizzle toasts with honey
(7) Serve immediately