Thursday, November 7, 2013

Shroomer Burger @ Mo|Tav (Mother's Tavern) - San Luis Obispo



You have to like mushrooms for this one...



Wow!  I have been neglecting my blog.

Also, Blake found a DELICIOUS burger place in San Luis Obispo awhile ago, and so I went with his family to check it out.  I ordered the Shroomer, which, according to their menu, is made of "angus beef, swiss, portabella mushrooms, arugula, garlic aioli, ciabatta."  I switched the swiss for mozzarella because I'm not a fan of swiss, and WOW...It's a nice mix of sweet and salty (the mushroom was soaked in what tasted like balsamic vinegar), and I love that huge portabella on top of an already delicious burger patty.  The burger also came with a side of your choice, and I chose their potato salad, which was delicious!  It was fresh and not overly mayonaisey or salty, soggy, etc.  I now love the taste of dill on potato salad!

Here is Blake's Western ("angus beef, aged cheddar, applewood smoked bacon, onion rings, bbq sauce, ranch, sesame"):

I think this shortened his life a few years



No comments: