Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sam's Chowder House - Half Moon Bay, CA

Sooo good! Not overly clammy or overly creamy.

Sam's Chowder House
4210 Cabrillo Hwy N
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Website

The Today Show said this place has one of the top 5 sandwiches in America in 2009. Not bad! We didn't try their lobster roll though, but everyone on Yelp seems to love it. If only I didn't hate lobster. lol

Good but nothing amazing. Soft and slightly chewy. Slightly sour too, and I do not like sourdough.

Polenta fries. Reminded us of those French toast sticks from Burger King! Good. Fried on the outside but soft and corn meal-y and slightly mushy on the inside. I can see the texture being weird for people, but I knew what to expect, and I love polenta! These were also very hot and fresh!

It's almost like having a bite of salty & fried corn meal porridge
Blake's fish and chips. Generous portions and tasty fish and coleslaw! Blake liked the fries too.

LOVED the cucumber salad. I love those types of salads. The burger was delicious as well, and the chips were freshly made. I'm not a huge fan of plain chips though, so I wasn't crazy about these. I should have asked for fries or something instead.

Not the best salmon burger ever (the best was this one from Black Hawk Grille in San Ramon), but this was definitely delicious!


No comments: