Friday, April 25, 2008

Extra Vitamin A Every Day

Again, this isn't my picture. I swear...if I don't find my camera's battery soon, I will go crazy. I've missed out on SO many photo opportunities this semester at school (at home I used my mom's camera).

Anyways, I've been trying to eat up all of the heavy foods in my room to prepare for move-out day (less to carry! It WILL make a difference!), and one of those heavy things was my huge can of pumpkin. I really want to make pumpkin muffins or pastries, but I also want to stay healthy, so I've decided to come up with healthy/semi-healthy ways of eating all of that orange stuff. I haven't come up with much, but here's what I've tried so far:

1. Canned pumpkin + soymilk
2. Canned pumpkin + cereal + milk (I've been adding a little glob to my cereal bowl every morning)
3. Canned pumpkin + waffle + cinnamon + butter
4. Canned pumpkin + whole wheat bread + butter + brown sugar
5. Canned pumpkin + oatmeal + brown sugar
6. Canned pumpkin + non-fat milk + brown sugar
7. Canned pumpkin + melted chocolate chips
8. Canned pumpkin + maple syrup (fake or real)

If you don't like the texture of baby food, you probably won't like most of these ideas.

* Note: I only use SMALL servings of butter and sugar (using a lot would defeat the whole purpose of trying to avoid making unhealthy things like a pie)

I think the pumpkin oatmeal is my favorite. Try it!

So far I haven't eaten much of that huge tupperware of pumpkin I now have in my fridge. Maybe I will have to freeze it after all. :o(

No comments: