Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saigon Express

Saigon Express
2045 Shattuck Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94704

Grilled Chicken Vermicelli Salad Bowl $5.95. I looove vermicelli salads. The ones in The Bear's Lair on campus are better though because they're cheaper and they have meat and other things like sliced egg rolls. That reminds me...I'm supposed to make somen salad (it's like a Japanese version of this with somen instead of vermicelli) one of these days.

Anyways...I think I've gotten this three times now...so I would go back, although I only get it when I'm feeling impulsive cuz I don't like spending more than $6 for dishes with more noodles than meat.

The only thing I don't like about this place (well, besides the not-so-cheap prices) is that the employees are a little odd. I walk in, and they stand and stare at me. I never feel welcome. I guess they're just too cold. I don't even think they speak English. At least the annoying lady at Bear's Lair talks to her customers.

So yeah...I recommend you all go to The Bear's Lair for vermicelli salads.

No comments: