Saturday, August 9, 2008

Gino's Thin Crust and Deep Dish (stuffed crust post later)

* Chicago *

Go here for the stuffed crust Chicago pizza post.

Since we to get up at 4am this morning to be ready for our flight back home, my family just ate pizza in our hotel so we could pack and get to bed early. The hotel's little TV ad thing said that Gino's, which happened to be just two streets away from us, came up with the original Chicago deep crust pizza recipe...so of course we had to try it. I had a list of pizza places to try based on online recommendations (I did a little food research, of course!), but we ended up going to Gino's and Bacino's (I'll make a post about this place later). Excellent choices, although I'm sure the other places also have delicious pizza.


Now this is deep dish. Way good crust too. Must be made of cornmeal cuz it was pretty yellow. It sorta tasted like cornbread...but more bready--if that makes sense (i.e., it wasn't as crumbly or soft as cornbread). Of course, if you hate crust, you might not like this style of pizza much, but I loved it. I'd eat it by itself.


So dark!


Thin crust vegetarian pizza:


Very thin compared to the deep dish. I liked the cornmeal-covered bottom. Wasn't amazing or that different than regular non-Chicago pizza. Still good though.


Wrote my name on the wall too:

...because you're supposed to:



Would I go back? Definitely!

No comments: