Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cindy McCain's cookies > Michelle Obama's

First, I have to say that I haven't tried either recipe myself. I'm just posting this because I thought this was cool and interesting. Apparently Family Circle collects cookie recipes from the spouses of presidential candidates each election year, and then readers vote on which recipe was better.

Obviously Obama won the actual election, but Cindy McCain's cookies beat Michelle Obama's. Of course this has nothing to do with character or politics, which is why this is so cool to me. Take a break from the cut-throat personal attacks and focus on FOOD!!

Anyways, one of my favorite food blogs, Baking Bites, tried out both recipes:

HERE is Michelle Obama's Amaretto Shortbread Cookie recipe.

and

HERE is Cindy McCain's Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookie recipe.

Ooo I wanna try someday!!

No comments: