Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Easy Pumpkin Brownies (Brownie Mix + Pumpkin Puree)

I knew that the whole cake mix + pumpkin puree combination works well (my boss liked them a lot)...so when I read that "kellsua" does the same thing with brownie mix + pumpkin puree, I decided to try. Why not? It's fast, easy, and a little scary ('cause who knows what they'll really taste like?). I'll just say that they look gross, taste okay, and are not as good as the pumpkin puree cupcakes. Still...this is healthier than regular brownie mix brownies (you don't add ANYTHING but pumpkin, which means you cut down on the fat and cholesterol and increase the fiber, vitamin A, etc.). Oh--and if you hate measuring things, this is the perfect recipe for you. You just dump out the box and plop out the entire can of pumpkin puree together in a bowl and mix. Bake for 20-25 min? ::shrugs:: Can't remember. I personally didn't like them enough to want to make them again, but the other research assistants and Psi Chi officers said they were good (I told them to be completely honest too).

The only ingredients!:



It has the same shape it had when it was raw :(

See? They look gross. I think it's just because you can see the fibery stuff of the pumpkin.



I put chocolate chips in about 1/3 of the batter (tasted better with them I think):

No comments: