Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fat Witch Bakery's Pumpkin Brownie Recipe

Found this recipe a couple of hours before the party I attended. Freaked out because I didn't have time to pick up brownie mix (the original plan was to bake brownie mix + pumpkin puree like this), and I had a hard time finding a recipe requiring only ingredients that I had. I was trying to find choc pumpkin brownies, but these ended up being just pumpkin brownies w/ choc chips. Also freaked out because the batter barely reached the edges of this jelly roll pan (thought I had surely done something wrong at this point) and because I had accidentally doubled the amount of chocolate chips. Turned out fine though...people liked these a lot. To me...I don't know--I'm biased against the things I make; I usually think they're not that great (even if it's not my recipe--I just know I can easily screw things up). Anyway, apparently Fat Witch Bakery sells these in New York. I'd describe them as cookies trying to be muffins. Or cakey scones. Or muffin tops. Or heavy/dense cake. They're not chewy like chewy brownies at all though...so if you want that, try another recipe (scroll down for this recipe).







RECIPE (Original recipe here; I only changed the choc chips amount):

12/3 cup flour
1⁄4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tbs cinnamon
1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup butter (room temperature) *It wasn't quite room temp, but I recommend following instructions so you don't have lumpy & hard-to-mix butter*
1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbs vanilla
1⁄2 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg & set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix butter, sugar, and vanilla.
4. Beat in eggs.
5. Stir in pumpkin.
6. Fold in dry ingredients.
7. Add chocolate chips.
8. Pour into 10×15 jelly roll pan and bake 25-35 minutes.**
9. Let cool 45 minutes and cut into two-inch pieces.

**I ended up baking mine for 25-ish minutes. I'd make these again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm def gonna try this recipe. thanks a lot corrie! what a great site!!