Monday, December 22, 2008

Outrageous [Peanut Butter] Chocolate Chip Cookies

The "Peanut Butter" is in brackets because the original recipe is just called "Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies," which I think is too misleading. These are wayyy good. I've been having good luck with new recipes lately. Probably has something to do with the fact that I mostly use highly-rated recipes on Allrecipes.com, which is where I found this recipe, and other places. So the first picture is sideways. Oh well. Let's pretend that was intentional.




They didn't spread out that much! Perfect!

Such great texture! Chocolate chips, oatmeal, and peanuts together = YUM!


RECIPE (original one here; I used a tiny bit less white sugar and then I messed up on the brown sugar by adding 1/2 cup instead of 1/4...and then to compensate I cut the chocolate chips in half):

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar *I used less than 1/2 cup*
1/3 cup packed brown sugar *I accidentally used a little less than 1/2 cup*
1/2 cup peanut butter *I used chunky*
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips *I used a little bit more than 1/2 cup*

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Stir in peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter just until moistened.
5. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
6. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges start to brown.
8. Cool on cookie sheets for ~5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

I'm making these again!! Giving these to two people tomorrow (oh--and to my parents).

No comments: