Sunday, January 31, 2010

Easy Microwave-Made Chocolate Pudding

So easy. So yummy! Recipe below. Reminded me of Gail because she used a highly-rated, delicious chocolate pudding recipe from AllRecipes or Recipezaar or something a couple of years ago. I had to try this one below because you make it using a microwave!

I also whipped the cream by hand just for an arm/wrist workout (haha), which reminded me of Gail & Cheri (because Gail hand-whipped this - if you don't have Facebook, see strawberry shortcake picture below) and Minh-Chau & Melissa G. (because Melissa hand-whipped this).




Thick Chocolate Pudding Recipe #76491 (original from Recipezaar; changed wording of recipe to simplify things):

15 min | 5 min prep

SERVES 4

  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup cocoa
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 cups non-fat milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  1. In a 2-quart, microwave-safe bowl, combine the 1st four ingredients
  2. Stir in milk until smooth
  3. Microwave uncovered on high for 3 min. & then stir
  4. Microwave 4-6 minutes longer or until thickened, stirring after each minute
  5. Stir in vanilla
  6. Pour into individual serving dishes & then cool
  7. Refrigerate

    * OPTIONAL: Whip up some heavy whipping cream...add sugar if you want...and top w/ cinnamon
The strawberry shortcake Cheri, Gail, & I made last year (I coulda sworn I posted about this, but I think I just remembered posting the pic on Facebook):


1 comment:

Wendy said...

hi corrie! wow, that looks really good, especially the whipped cream. thanks for posting delicious food photos! i miss berkeley food :P