Thursday, February 25, 2010

Serendipity's Frrrozen Hot Chocolate

Serendipity 3 (Restaurant & mini store)- Website here
225 East 60th Street,
New York, NY
(212) 838-3531

* Note: You can buy the mix too!

I first heard about Serendipity through one of The Food Network's shows. They talked about their famous "frrrozen" hot chocolate and their $1,000 chocolate dessert made of real gold, expensive chocolate, etc. Anyway, I wasn't going to seek it out, but Steve recommended it, and so I did. Boy did I feel like a loner in that place. It was really cute. Tiny...very unique and decorative...but not really for individuals. I was surrounded by happy little couples and families and happy, very Valentine's Day-like decorations (see below).

The bottom line though...is that this one fantastic chocolate drink. It was exactly what it was supposed to be: a frozen hot chocolate. It tasted like a rich hot chocolate that had been blended with ice and topped with real whipped cream (no fake stuff!!) and chocolate shavings. OHhh man. My only regret was that I didn't save it for when I was with friends or family. Other people ordered a whole one for themselves too, but I think it's designed to be shared...because it's huge and it comes with two straws. Oops. They also have different flavors like peanut butter.







Didn't notice how kooky that fan was until now!:


Soo icy and chocolate-y. It came to me overflowing.


No comments: