Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baked Rigatoni w/ Tiny Pork Meatballs

I thought this recipe would be easy, but it wasn't. Not really. My mom made a comment about the bèchamel (cool name, huh? Makes you feel special for knowing a new French cooking word. It was also my warning that it wasn't going to be easy) but didn't say anything further until we were finished--after she had made the sauce herself. Such a nice mom. So be warned. It's not as easy as it looks. It's not awfully difficult either though. And it was good!!

Umixed:Raw pork balls covered in flour:


Some of the meatballs:


Recipe HERE. I'm not even going to try to reword this recipe because it's worded funny. Mom and I had some trouble understanding some of it, so maybe you would understand it better from Smitten Kitchen or from the person from whom she got the recipe. ::Shrugs::

I think the only change we made to the recipe was lowering the amount of nutmeg 'cause Mom doesn't like it.

No comments: