Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mangosteen

Mangosteen
4965 N. Fresno Street
Fresno, CA 93726

Sorry. I don't remember the exact names for what we ordered. I sometimes take notes on what I order, what the food tastes like, and the general ambiance of the place, but I didn't this time, and I went back in January or February, so I can't remember a lot of things. This was the second time I ate there though, and both times I really liked the food.

Appetizers: A layered Indian bread that was SO GOOD but different (lighter, thinner, and not as layered) than the layered bread I had at Udupi Palace (sorry...no post on the multi-layered bread yet) in Berkeley, which was also very good, and fish balls (pretty much like kamaboko covered panko. It was funny how the wairess mispronounced "panko." It should be like "pah-n-ko," but she said it like "pan-ko" like...a frying pan kind of "pan." hehe I probably slaughter words from other languages too, BUUUUT I think she should know how to pronounce the dishes at the restaurant that's employed her, don'tcha think? Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of kamaboko unless it's in udon, somen, or somen salad. Pretty much tastes a little like soft plastic (sturdy but slightly squishy) fish....

Can't remember exact names...but we got their pineapple fried rice (it was something like "Heavenly Pineapple Fried Rice" or something with "Heavenly" in it), white rice, pad thai (it was less citrus-y this time), some kind of Thai curry, aaand some kind of green bean dish:

No comments: