Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Eat Cactus


A few weeks ago, on the way to my late grandparents' property, my parents and I stopped at a Mexican restaurant. The name? I dunno. Sometimes you don't really have the time or brains to figure out where you are. That sounds so strange. Anyway, their name wasn't plastered all over the place, so I'll just blame them.

ANYway, if I ever find out the name, I'll let you know. For now, look at their food!

I ordered the $7.25 Nopales burrito. Hmm...I did have the time and brains to note the name, price, and ingredients. Oh well. Here are the ingredients: Cactus, onion, jalapeƱos, tomatoes, egg, chili verde sauce, jack cheese, and sour cream. YUMMM!!!! I'd definitely get this again. I've had cactus before at my other grandparents' house awhile ago, and I remember it just looking, feeling, and tasting like green beans. I had a similar experience this time, but because I had a LOT of cactus this time, I was able to notice that it was kind of sour and more tender than green beans (unless the green beans I've had are extra tough or these cactus shreds were extra tender).

The inside (better pictures of the cactus down below):


Just look at that beautiful, spicy mess:

No comments: