Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pretty Sushi at Sakura-Chaya

7.15.10 with parents and brother.
More Sakura-Chaya food here.
690 E Nees Ave
Fresno, CA 93720

The one thing I don't like about this place is that almost every single roll has crab in it. Bleah!! Their owner and their sushi chefs (Koji really knows what he's doing) are nice though, the atmosphere is cool and relaxing, their waiters and waitresses are nice (I know at least two of them from school), and the food is consistently delicious. Wassabi vs. Sakura-Chaya? Wassabi for their rolls (in general due to the crab issue) and Shakura-Chaya for their food quality in general and the taste of their non-sushi food. My family goes to Sakura-Chaya a lot, by the way. I think that says something.

Aren't these neat?

The orange blossom roll (or whatever it was with salmon, avocado, masago, crab, cucumber, and a quail egg) but with shrimp instead of crab (I hate and am allergic to it):

My dad's roll with daikon in between spicy scallops rolls & cucumbers. Pretty but not something I'd order. I tried it and just don't really like scallops that much.

No comments: