Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Molly Moon's Ice Cream

Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream - where there's always a line out the door!
917 E Pine St (another location at 1622 N. 45th Street & A TRUCK!!!)
Seattle, WA 98122
Website here.

Consumed in August of 2010.


Joy The Baker has had a big influence on my life lately. I think I found her blog while writing my paper on food blogs for Anthropology of Food (one of the best possible classes ever!!). I love her attitude, her humor, her photography, and her FOOD!! Well, the recipes I've tried from her site have been pretty awesome (like her kettle corn, which I actually JUST made for the 10th time a few minutes ago). Anyway, a few days before my family trip to Seattle, she posted about an ice cream place in Seattle! Perfect timing! So I tracked it down and dragged my parent and brother there, and here are my pictures! To be honest, I was not a fan of the salted caramel ice cream (pictured on the right), which was a big let-down because people kept talking about how good it was. Sure, I get the whole sweet-and-salty fad we're in right now (among food bloggers, at least), and I LOVE it, but this ice cream was just toooo salty. If it had been a little sweeter, it woulda been money. Where did that come from? Who says that? At least that "vivace coffee" one was good. Like really good.


Here are more of their crazy flavors. Here were the season and always flavors of that particular day:


No comments: