Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Daily Grill's Santa Fe Chicken Wrap - Fresno, CA

The Daily Grill
7855 North Palm Avenue
Fresno, CA 93711
Lunch menu here.

Saturday, 3/19/11

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Fresno. The food is awesome, and Blake and I had our first meal together there, so I have an extra strong emotional attachment to this place. The first time we went there (this post is about our second time there) I ordered the California Turkey Melt, which is when I had the best pickle ever (note that this is coming from a pickle-hater...so pickle lovers might not like this one due to its mild flavor) and when the waitress was absolutely shocked that I didn't want fries. haha!

Anyway, here's what I ordered this time: Santa Fe Chicken Wrap: "Blackened Chicken, Corn, Black Beans, Avocado, Tomatoes, Roasted Peppers and Chipotle Aioli, Wrapped in a Whole Wheat Tortilla" - Best side of fruit ever. So fresh...three of my favorite fruits (none of that melon junk restaurants often serve...and such big slices! The wrap was very good, and I'd order it again, but I do have to say that people who like strong flavors and/or dislike healthy wraps might not like it. It was also on the dry side, but it wasn't so dry that I didn't like it. I think it'd be awesome wrapped in a homemade tortilla. :) That's become one of my latest food obsessions--homemade/restaurant-made tortillas.

Fresh-squeezed, hand-shaken lemonade (and strawberry lemonade). Both were awesome.

No comments: