Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Daily Grill's Trio of Hummus, Fruit Cobbler, & Mahi Fish Tacos

The Daily Grill
7855 North Palm Avenue
Fresno, CA 93711
Lunch menu here.
More of their food here and here.

Friday, 3/25/11 with Michelle and Paul

Trio of Hummus: "Sun-Dried Tomato, Kalamata Olive and Traditional Hummus, Served with
Grilled Flat Bread and Cucumbers"
-- YUMM. I'm a huge fan of hummus. I could just make a meal out of eating this appetizer. Actually, no. I'd still want more of their food. Their bread, by the way, is sourdough but only slightly sour, which is great for me because I don't like sourdough. It's also hard on the outside but soo soft and warm on the inside. I'd prefer the crust to be softer and the bread to be not sour at all, but this was still good bread.


My snack (I had already eaten lunch): "Today’s Selection of Baked Fruits with a Cinnamon
Walnut Crumble, Served A La Mode with Vanilla Ice Cream"
-- Very good but not extremely flavorful, which is good for some but not so great for others. I liked it, but it was missing moisture I think. Loved that walnut crumble though and how the apples (chunky!! = good) and blackberries were fresh. And almost anything a la mode excites me.


Michelle and Paul had the Mahi Fish Tacos: "Two Soft Corn Tortillas with Cabbage, Radishes
and Cilantro, Tossed in a Chipotle Aioli, Served with Black Beans and Spanish Rice"
-- They had it with spinach mashed potatoes instead of rice, and they were delicious. Here are Michelle's thoughts: "the fish was good and plump, but the cole slaw was overpowering" ... "the spinach creamy mashed potatoes had a nice texture and the spinach was cooked to perfection... the black beans were average but at least they weren't mushy or undercooked"

No comments: