Sunday, March 27, 2011

Eureka!Burger's Pulled Pork Sandwich + AWESOME Sweet Potato Fries

Eureka!Burger - Gourmet burgers & craft beer
7775 n. Palm ave #106
Fresno, CA 93711


I'm all about high-quality burgers, sandwiches, and salads, and I've started to like drinking beer with these kinds of foods too (well, maybe not with salads). A few weeks ago, the intern at my practicum site (for my grad school program) mentioned Eureka! (that exclamation point confuses me a little) being in Redlands, and since I had eaten at the Fresno location before, I figured it was a big chain, but a few days ago I found out they only have two locations, which happen to be in Fresno and Redlands. Funny. I love how they have menus designed according to the branch's location. For example, the veggie burger is called the Loma Linda in Redlands and the San Joaquin in Fresno. Both are made out of beets, which I don't really like, so I decided not to try that one--even though I was really tempted because I like veggie burgers made of good ingredients. Another example is what I ordered last time: the Fresno Fig Burger ("Homemade fig marmalade, melted goat cheese, crispy bacon, garnished with minced tomato, onion and arugula dolloped in a spicy porter mustard").

This time, I ordered a "Hickory Pulled Pork Smoked Sandwich" - "'In-house' slow roasted pulled pork shoulder, a jus, caramelized onions, and a special tangy vinegar sauce served on a homemade roll with our signature handcut fries."
-- Not a huge fan of the vinegar sauce, and the pork was too tough (soft but with tough edges), which is not such a great thing, but the flavor was still good, and THOSE FRIES ARE KILLER.


I also ordered the with "Golden Sweet Potato Fries," which are "[g]lazed with honey and cinnamon" and are the best sweet potato fries I've had. At first I wasn't so sure about eating them with honey and cinnamon because I thought they might be too sweet--especially to have with a sandwich, but they aren't overly sweet, and I love sweet-and-salty things together anyway. You can order these as a side or as a substitution for regular fries (currently, you add $1.25 to your order if you want to sub for regular fries, and you pay more if you want them as a side)


I am a sucker for words and phrases like "housemade," hand-crafted," "original," "#1," "

No comments: