Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chiffono's Bakery and Cafe - My Favorite Red Velvet Cupcake

Chiffono's
1512 East Champlain Drive
Fresno, CA 93720
Website here.


2nd best red velvet cupcake ever was from Eddie's Bakery (in Fresno)
2nd best red velvet cupcake ever was from Sprinkles Cupcakes (various locations)
2nd best red velvet cupcake ever was from Love at First Bite (in Berkeley)

Yep. It's a 3-way tie for 2nd place.

3rd best red velvet cupcake ever was from Magnolia Bakery (in LA - also other locations like their original New York locations - They have the best vanilla cupcake I've ever had)

Why has it taken me so long to blog about my absolute favorite cupcake ever? Beats the heck outta me. I guess maybe I thought I already had posted about it. I have posted about Chiffono's before though! Anyway, this cupcake is amazing because the cake base isn't too rich, sweet, dense, chocolatey, or dry, and the frosting is the best cream cheese frosting in the world. Actually, I found a recipe for killer cream cheese frosting, but this is the best I've tasted from a store. This is my mom's favorite red velvet cupcake ever too. I remember Uncle Jerry and Auntie Joanne first introduced my family to this cupcake.



Here are more of their cupcakes. Mia LOVED their German chocolate cupcake:


Left column down to right column down (descriptions copied from the Chiffono's website):
Chocolate: chocolate fudge cupcake dipped in our own chocolate ganache
Carrot Cake: carrot cake with all your favorites like nuts and pineapple with cream cheese frosting
German Chocolate: our classic ganache cupcake with our homemade German chocolate topping
Lemon Chiffon (chiffon cupcake filled with lemon cream with white chocolate buttercream frosting)
Oreo (chocolate cupcake cooked with Oreo bits topped with Oreo fronting and crumbled Oreos)
Classic Yellow: moist yellow cupcake topped with classic vanilla frosting
--> M&M and I were very disappointed in the vanilla. Dry...not good...way-too-sweet frosting. We did not try the other flavors because they weren't all for us.

1 comment:

jjturtle said...

Totally awesome taste...cake and frosting!