Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sprinkles Cupcakes! Red Velvet, Pumpkin, Salty Caramel, & Vanilla


My cousin, Ashley, brought these Sprinkles cupcakes to a family & friend party our cousin, Sayuri, and her husband, Kevin, hosted recently. This was my first Sprinkles experience! So exciting! Anyway, go here for Sprinkles locations. You can also make their delicious strawberry cupcakes at home! Their Cuban Coffee cupcake is delicious too!

Red velvet ("southern style light chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting"). So good! My taste testing buddy, Jodi, and I both agreed that the red velvet was the best out of the ones we tried. I did not try the cinnamon sugar cupcake. I still think that Chiffono's has the best red velvet cupcake in the world (the frosting and the cake base are just to-die-for). This frosting is way good but not as cream cheese-y as I like it. That doesn't mean you won't like it. It could easily be someone else's favorite frosting.

Left below = Red velvet again
Right below = Vanilla ("madagascar bourbon vanilla cake with creamy vanilla frosting"). Good, but I'd prefer fewer sprinkles...like maybe just on the outer rim or even just a circular area on top. I do enjoy the texture of sprinkles, but this was overboard.



Salty caramel ("an irresistible salty-sweet flavor combination using fleur de sel crystals hand harvested from the pristine seas off Brittany, France. These fleur de sel granules are a delightful complement to the sweet, buttery caramel which flavors both the cake and frosting. Taste the rich, delicious complexity of Sprinkles take on this classic French duo."). Oh man...amazing frosting. Not too salty, which is often the case for my taste buds. The cake was good too but not as memorable or delicious as the frosting. My taste tester buddy, Jodi, and I both enjoyed this cupcake. I think the pumpkin cupcake crumbs got on the frosting because we were probably reusing that knife.

Pumpkin ("spiced pumpkin cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting" - only available Oct. 31- Nov. 30th). DELICIOUS! The mix is also great. Melissa made some the other day for Thanksgiving, and they were, in my opinion, as good as this one pictured here appearance- and taste-wise.

Melissa's awesome rectangular cupcake that she brought to class (haha!):

No comments: