Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011!

Of course I take pictures of my Thanksgiving food. I'd say that my families have semi-traditional Thanksgiving food. Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, etc....plus a few awesome non-traditional dishes that are AWESOME.

Meal #1: Uncle J and Auntie J's house

Soooo good and filling and fancy. That cup has a butternut squash soup, possibly my favorite soup ever. Definitely one of my favorites.



Appetizers! That green thing is a type of guava that tasted like a sour apple candy...plus some other things. The skin was mighty sour.



I usually hate clams, but these were yummy, and I had three.

I also usually hate beets, but these below with goat cheese were yummy. Uncle Jerry has a way of making things I hate into things that I actually like. Crazy.


Yummmm

Meal #2: Uncle G & Auntie R's

I didn't eat much salty food here because I was still full from the first stop.

Green tea pudding/jello with pumpkin pie. My favorite was the green tea stuff. I love that matcha powder texture. The brown stuff on top is sweet red bean paste
(an pronounced kinda like "awn" or "on")


Meal #4 (No pics from meal #3 with Blake's dad's side): With Blake's mom's side
and immediate family. This was actually on Sunday, 11/27/11. Chicken, veal ravioli, cherry pizza/tart, salad, pilaf, fruit salad, garlic bread. Perfect!






No comments: