Tuesday, June 7, 2011

End-of-Year Grad Program Party 2011

Friday, June 3, 2011

My school psych grad program (UC Riverside) had an end-of-the-year party at our director/professor's house. The people in my program always get excited about his wife's cupcakes, but she also makes amazing savory dishes. I just created a tag to her name on this blog so you can see what else she's made. Apparently I haven't done a great job documenting all of the food we've had at our program parties, so I'll take better pictures in the future. It's always hard for me to take food pictures when people are watching and thinking I'm weird, so now that people in the program know that I have a food blog, I'll be more comfortable taking pictures.

Note: I have to apologize for the limited amounts of food in these pictures. My cupcake team had a few disasters while making our cupcakes, so we ended up being an hour late for the party. :(



This was my food (soooo delicious!). I accidentally took an avocado pit, thinking it was a ball of meat of some kind. Oops. Just ignore that.


Melissa, Mia, Lisa, and I entered our grad program's year-end party cupcake competition. Here is what we entered:

All-Night Delights: A coffee liqueur-filled chocolate cupcake with espresso frosting topped with a dark chocolate-covered coffee bean. More pictures of the contest here.

No comments: