Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins

Facebook group HERE. Twitter HERE. Just FYI. I'm not sure how people have been finding me on Twitter lately, but that's awesome. Thought I'd make it easier for a day by posting links here.

Occasionally I have random urges to make muffins. I almost always want to make delicious things, but not everything is easy to make like muffins are, so when I have a muffin making craving, I just do it. Usually.



Notes:
* Delicious when eaten immediately
* Delicious but drier when eaten the next day (almost scone-like after a couple of days)
* Freeze well

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
Adapted from this recipe here.

*Changes I made:
1. I used about 1/3 cup non-fat milk mixed with 1/3 cup whipping cream instead of just milk. I also added extra milk to make up for the added oats.
2. I excluded the walnuts.
3. I added a bit of oatmeal for looks on top and for general texture.


2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
½ cup butter (melted and cooled)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (11 ½ ounce) package milk chocolate chips (or less)

(1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
(2) Grease 12 muffins cups
(3) In large bowl mix together flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder & salt
(4) In another bowl stir together eggs, milk, butter & vanilla until well blended
(5) Make a well in the center of dry ingredients
(6) Pour milk mixture into the well & stir until well combined
(7) Lightly stir in chocolate chips
(8) Spoon batter into muffins tin
(9) Place into oven & bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
(10) Remove from oven & allow to cool for 5 min

No comments: