Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jo's Candies - Dark Salted Caramels, Pumpkin Spice Toffee Corn, Pumpkin Spice Bark, & Dark and Milk Chocolate Grahams

Jo's Candies
Website here.
Small batches of chocolate since 1946.
That's not their slogan, and they did not tell me to advertise for them. I just love spreading the word when I find excellent food, which is the whole point of this blog. I am very picky when it comes to chocolate (among other things), and these are SO good. I absolutely loved the chocolate grahams and dark chocolate caramels...and the popcorn and pumpkin bark were pretty good too, although I wouldn't say that I absolutely loved them. Definitely good quality. Check out their delicious-looking products here. I want to try their S'mores Cookies, Peppermint Crunch, and English Toffee Nuggets. Oh my goodness.


First, the pumpkin ones. I am a huge fan of pumpkin and pumpkin-flavored things. Usually I'm a pumpkin snob and only like products with actual pumpkin in them that truly taste like pumpkin, but I'd say that those "pumpkin spice flavored" Hershey's Kisses and these two products below are good enough to feature here. The bark even reminds me of those Hershey's Kisses. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of very fancy sweet popcorn, but this popcorn was good. I do wish it had more of a pumpkin flavor, but that's the pumpkin snob in me being picky. I bet most sweet popcorn fans would love this. Note: There's no actual pumpkin listed as an ingredient in either of these products.



The Jo's Candies website mentions that their Chocolate Grahams are popular, so I was excited to try them. I was definitely not disappointed. Delicious. They are generous with the chocolate, so these are wonderful for chocolate lovers.



My favorite = the dark chocolate graham crackers. SO WONDERFUL and rich and thick. I love dark chocolate so much. I am eating one right now. My friend ate two or thee of the milk chocolate ones the other night.



Here's part of a milk chocolate graham:

I love these dark salted caramels too.
 


So where can you find Jo's Candies? My friend gave me the pumpkin spice bark and bought it from World Market. Here's what the company website says about where to find their items:

"Our chocolate covered grahams are our most popular item and they can be found at a variety of upscale gourmet markets across the United States. Dayton-Hudson, Dean & Deluca, Eli's and The Vinegar Factory, Oakville Grocery, Dragers, Bristol Farms, Admiral Thrift, QFC (both in the Pacific Northwest) Zupans, and Norm Thompson (mailorder), and a host of other specialty catalog companies.

"Our chocolate graham crackers are available at Border's Cafe, Caribou Coffee, Coffee Bean & Tea, Diedrich, Gloria Jeans, Nordstrom, Neiman-Marcus, Tully's and thousands of other coffee bars.
"

No comments: