Hope you had a fantastic Halloween! Nicole found this Apple Ice Creams with Brandy Caramel recipe, and it was delicious!!
This caramel was pretty good! I'd definitely make it again.
Apple Ice Creams with Brandy Caramel RECIPE
25g butter (we used about half a block of butter...close enough)
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
¼ cup golden syrup (we used regular pancake syrup)
¼ cup cold water
1x tin (400g) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
2 Tbsp brandy
chopped nuts (we used almonds)
(1) Place butter in a saucepan & melt gently
(2) Add brown sugar, golden syrup, water & salt
(3) Heat gently at first & stir constantly as sugar dissolves
(4) Bring to boil, still stirring, until mixture bubbles like crazy
(5) Reduce heat & add condensed milk, vanilla & brandy
(6) Stir until it’s nicely combined & a good caramel color & then take it off the heat
(7) Cut top bit off the apple & scoop out the inside stuff
(8) Fill apple with a scoop or two of ice cream, & drizzle with the warm caramel (if caramel has thickened, just gently heat it again or add one more dash of brandy)
(9) Top with chopped nuts and serve!