Monday, December 19, 2011

Dad's Fresh Fruit Jumble


My dad made this awhile ago for a family get-together. I loved how this was so colorful and full of different kinds of GOOD fruit (in my opinion). Too often fruit salads are mixed up with cantalope or something I dislike, ruining the flavor of the entire salad. All of these fruits above were fairly dry, so even if you hate grapes (who ARE you?!), you'd be fine picking the non-strawberry fruits without worrying about goopy grape juice mixing all over your fruit. Also, a lot o f the fruit is sitting inside of a pineapple.

Fruits: Grapes, cherries, blueberries, pineapple, strawberries, mandarin oranges, watermelon, and raspberries.

All you do is pick your fruits, wash 'em, and throw them together into a pineapple. I guess the only hard part is cutting open the pineapple and slicing the watermelon if you choose those fruits. The rest is easy!

How's that for a fresh, HEALTHY dish to take to a holiday party? Unhealthy holiday posts to come. I highly recommend this peppermint hot chocolate drink in the meantime if you want an easy homemade drink for a cozy night in.

No comments: