Friday, December 16, 2011

Swirled Peanut Butter Brownie Cups

Swirly peanut butter brownie cups


Recipe (adapted from the regular brownie recipe at Now...you're Cooking!). All I did was change the baking time and the fact that you use a muffin/cupcake tin instead of a brownie pan/dish. These are so good!! I've made these twice over the past few days for elementary school teachers and other people who help me out throughout the year. When cooled, they slip quite easily into those little good bags that tie with a twist-tie. For these I'm going to use ribbon to make them look more festive. I hope I see my co-workers today. I hope I have enough for the kids' parents too....

Brownies:
1/3 cup butter
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla


Topping:
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 egg



Brownies:
(1) Melt butter & chocolate together. Set aside to cool.
(2) In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder, & salt together.
(3) In a large mixing bowl, beat the 2 eggs & sugar together until light. Add vanilla. Stir in flour mixture & cooled chocolate mixture.
(4) Pour into a greased muffin/cupcake pan.


Topping:
(5) Beat all ingredients together until smooth.

(6) Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture over the brownie layer. Marble with a knife.

(7) Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes. Cool.

No comments: