Thursday, December 15, 2011

2 Casey's Cupcakes: The Pumpkin & The Peanut Butter




Casey's Cupcakes (they won on Cupcake Wars!)
I went to the Riverside location connected to Mission Inn.
3649 Mission Inn Avenue
Riverside, CA 92501
Website here.

I believe this was the most moist cupcake I've ever had. The cake/base was excellent! However, here are the rest of my notes:
(1) I dislike artificial-looking foods, so the orange frosting kinda weirds me out. If it were naturally orange, that'd be okay.
(2) I HATE edible glitter, so the glitter atop the fake orange frosting really weirds me out. Oh--and the employee reassured me that the glitter is edible. Thank you. I was so sure you were selling people glitter that would cut up peoples' insides.
(3) The top swirl was just a regular buttercream frosting as far as Melissa and I could tell, so it wasn't anything special. It would have been cool if it had been cream cheese frosting. It did make this cupcake pretty though!
(4) Aside from the color of the frosting, Melissa thought the glitter made the texture weird, and Mia wasn't a fan of the frosting either.

Sooo...although I loved the base, the frosting was bleh to me, so I wouldn't buy this. Maybe if you could request the base with a different frosting without glitter I'd get it!

I actually just sampled Melissa's pumpkin cupcake and got myself a peanut butter cupcake (not sure of the exact name because their website picture of the peanut butter cupcake looks different, so that could be a special PB cupcake). Anyway, so far the only GOOD cupcakes here are the peanut butter and the red velvet cupcakes. The only GREAT ones (in my opinion) are the strawberry and red velvet cupcakes. The red velvet is their most popular, according to the employees, so if you like red velvet cupcakes, you should try it and let me know what you think. I liked it, but the frosting wasn't sour enough for me (Casey's claims it is made of cream cheese, but I didn't taste it).

2 comments:

Erin V said...

I love the orange and the expresso at Casey's!

Corriendo said...

Oh! I haven't tried the orange one. I'd have to say the strawberry one is my favorite.