Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sadaf - San Diego, CA


Sadaf
828 5th Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101
Website - Dish descriptions here

A few people eating at Sadaf said that this place was really good. I don't remember whether they had said that before or after we had eaten our food. Either way, we took a chance with this place (i.e., Corrie didn't do extensive research and find this through Yelp and other resources). It was good, but I'd order a lamb dish or another chicken dish if I were to return.

Mom & Dad's appetizer: "DOLMEH (STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES)" = "Cooked grape leaves, stuffed with ground beef, rice, split peas, green onions, basil, parsley and other herb"
- Notes: Good but not the best I've had. I really love these from Marat's in Fresno. These were a little on the dry side for me, although that might be intentional because I've had a few in the past that were too dry for my taste. And others that were too sour or too tough.

 


My dinner: "ALBALU POLO" = "Marinated juice chunks of charbroiled chicken tenderloin, served with rice and black cherry"
- Notes: I asked the waiter for help because I rarely eat Persian food, and he said to go with this one (as opposed to a sweet-and-sour pomegranate chicken dish not listed on the online menu). I had had a delicious Persian chicken dish at Alborz in Berkeley, but I wanted to try something different.
I tried to like the black cherries, but there were just so many. The chicken looked great but tasted kind of bland. I loved the rice, but it's pretty sad if that was my favorite part of this dish.


"BONELESS LAMB KABOB – House Specialty" = "Boneless lamb tenderloin marinated, charbroiled to your taste and served with grilled vegetables (tomatoes, bell pepper, onions)"
- Yum!


 Brother's stew, which is not on the online menu. It had lentils and eggplant in it and was tasty.


Mom's dish: "BARG KABOB" = "A signature thin cut of filet mignon marinated in special sauce and charbroiled"
- Yum!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My absolute favourite was boneless lamb kabob. And here's a link to the PC: best indian restaurants in san diego which i came across recently.