Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Biryani House ... June or July '08

In Berkeley @ University & Shattuck. Went here because I had heard it was good and because we needed a place that would be open late on Sundays. Turns out this place is open on Sundays until 10:30pm!

Chicken Palak: $5.99
Chicken Tikka Masala: $5.99
Naan: $1.00 each
Chai: FREE & bottomless

This was Derrick's Chicken Tikka Masala (this was his first time having Indian so he thought he'd play it safe with a popular dish). Oh--he wanted me to note the number 1...because he thinks he's cool. :D



Naan (hmm...a tad bit burnt and not very fluffy):


My Chicken Palak (looks like poop but tastes wonderful):



Derrick loved his...and I loved mine. The naan coulda been better, but my chicken was really tender, the chai was good, and they had little takeout boxes you can just grab yourself. And free, self-serve chai is always the best. Cheap! Spacey (so not noisy like House of Curries, although I still love House of Curries). I'll definitely go back.

1 comment:

Gail said...

they have the best palak!! :D