Wednesday, September 10, 2008

El Sombrero has Indian & Pakistani food now!

Wednesday, 9.10.08
2101 University Ave. (the northeast corner of the west branch of Shattuck @ University)
Berkeley, CA 94704
$2.99

I'd never actually eaten at this place before it started serving Indian food, but I've passed by it place so many times. Anyways, I LOVED THEIR KEEMA NAAN (naan/bread stuffed with ground beef/minced meat)! I'd never had it before anywhere else ... so I don't know what it's supposed to look or taste like, but this was so good I don't even care. Freshly made...steaming hot...just the right amounts of bread and ground beef. Slightly crispy, slightly fluffy. It was like an Indian bierock.
The inside:

The bottom (when I took this, the guy at the register got nervous and asked why I was taking a picture lol I explained that I have a food website and that me taking pictures would help him because I really liked the naan...haha so here I am promoting his/their food!):

Really good sauces! The first one is a sweet tamarind sauce, and the second is made of yogurt and mint.


Definitely going back. I'm curious about their Mexican food too.

No comments: