Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dagoba's Xocolatl Bar

Xocolatl = chocolate in Aztec, according to the reader (person--not a book) in my Anthropology of Food class, but it also refers to an Aztec chocolate drink specifically. I decided to buy this bar because I'm taking a class on the Maya (yes--MAYA--not Mayans! apparently you only add an "n" at the end when referring to the Mayan languages) and we discussed Maya and Aztec uses of chocolate. So yes. Spicy chocolate.

THIS IS SO GOOD! I've been eating a tiny piece each day to control myself and make the enjoyment last longer.


You can see the chilies & cacao nibs (SOOO GOOD!):




This is my new favorite chocolate bar. My last favorite was Ghirardelli's peanut butter-filled chocolate bar. That'll always be among my favorites though.

No comments: