Monday, November 24, 2008

Easy Brownies

Baked these for Nick over the summer, but of course I ate one to make sure it didn't taste awful. I thought it was good, and this recipe was really easy.

Original recipe here (I just excluded the walnuts; see below for recipe).

I love the top part...and the edges! Speaking of brownie edges, I got my cousin a brownie edge pan like this one earlier this year, and she said it works really well.


Recipe from Recipezaar:
  • 2/3 cup butter
  • 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup flour, less 1 tablespoon
  • 1 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Melt chocolate and butter together in saucepan or microwave. Remove from heat and set aside.
  3. In mixing bowl beat together the sugar and eggs, salt and flour, add melted chocolate and butter mixture. Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
  4. Pour batter in greased and floured 9x13 baking pan.
  5. Bake approximately 25-30 minutes. Test with toothpick. ome chocolate batter should remain on the pick.

1 comment:

Poid said...

Wow, the brownie edge pan blows my mind. I couldn't wrap my head around it until I realized it was for people who love edges! When I make brownies at home, my housemates alllwayyys leave the edges because they prefer middle cuts. That'll be the bigger task- an edgeless pan! lol

...and yes, what's up with the spammer?!?! I was like, "Anonymous..sex blog? Euro!?" hahahah