Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gregoire's Skate and Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Gregoire's (They have an Oakland location too)
2109 Cedar Street
Berkeley, CA 94709-1567
Website here

Consumed on 6.26.10 with Steve (we each had halves of both). Cheri and Steve had been telling me about these sandwiches for years. I'm glad I finally tried them! Before I'd only tried their crispy potato puffs, which I think are over-rated. Not bad...but not memorable or even good enough for me to buy again. The koroke/croquette-like things at Brazil Cafe in Berkeley are better! I have pictures of those somewhere...but not on this blog. :( Anyway, Gregoire is a tiny building on the north end of Shattuck Avenue. Very tiny but with a comfy, relaxed atmosphere and very nice, friendly employees! You can also watch them make your food. I should have taken pictures of the inside.

Both were really delicious (I'd definitely go back!), and I don't normally like chorizo, which they used in the pulled pork sandwich. Sorry I don't have pictures of the inside of the skate sandwich. It just looked like white fish inside fried batter.

Sandwich #1:
Sandwich #2:
*Skate = type of ray)

Each sandwich came with a delicious garbanzo bean salad:

No comments: