Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Browning Butter & A Cookie Failure

Lately I've been seeing a lot of recipes involving browned butter: Browned butter muffins, browned butter cookies, etc. I recently tried making browned butter cookies, but they didn't end up tasting very good (at least not to my mom or me), although one friend said they were "amazing." You can try the recipe yourself here. Don't over-mix! I think that was part of my problem. Anyway, here are the pictures from my butter browning process. It's pretty easy! All you do is melt butter and keep heating it until it bubbles and froths and turns brown. Fun!





It really does smell nutty when it turns brown!

Ta-da!!




See? They ended up being so much flatter and darker than they were supposed to be. See Julie's blog for pictures of her cookies. Mine ended up good but not great...and then later after they had been sitting around in a sealed bag, they were just okay.

No comments: