Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dim Sum at Imperial Garden - Fresno, CA

Imperial Garden
6640 N Blackstone Ave, Ste 108

Fresno, CA 93710
Yelp reviews here.

Ate with my parents and Uncle Chris and Auntie Jill on 06/19/11 (Father's Day).

I've written about some of their dim sum here when I posted about their general dining food. This is one of my family's favorite Chinese restaurants in Fresno. We run into people we know every single time we eat there, and they're almost always busy. We love the place so much that my grandparents had their 50th anniversary party there. Anyway, on to the food! Unfortunately, I can't list the names of everything pictured, so you can just take a peek. The best dim sum I've had outside of Fresno was in Oakland, CA (San Francisco also has good dim sum, depending on where you go).

One of the dim sum carts (you tell the lady or man which one you want, and (s)he gives it to you and makes a note on your bill:


 Taro root, some kinda dumpling (see below), greens, and thick rice noodles covered in a soy sauce-based sauce with either pork, beef, or shrimp in the middle (we chose shrimp, which I only eat when fried or in this noodle dish):


I love the texture of this one (it's like mochi on the outside with a hot meat mixture on the inside), but overall the flavor of the meat inside tastes like the smell of an old Asian market (not a good thing). I don't know how else to explain it. It tastes like old musty Asian spices that don't taste or smell so good. If you live in Fresno, walk into R-N, and that's the smell I'm talking about.

 One of our favorites (rice dumpling filled with chives?):

No comments: