Saturday, February 4, 2012

Maple Bacon Kettle Corn


I'm not a huge fan of bacon, but I do love it in certain kinds of dishes. I've decided that this version of maple bacon kettle corn is not my favorite. :( I had such high hopes because Joy the Baker said such good things about it. I do have to say that I did not follow her recipe exactly. I did not use bacon fat because I used bacon bits. I know...if you don't implement the intervention correctly, how can you evaluate the intervention? Sorry. My life is all about interventions and fidelity checks right now, so I had to throw in that joke. I think I will use that food analogy though when I explain to people what fidelity is! Fidelity is basically how well an interventionist is doing the intervention as it was intended. So, basically, if I didn't follow the recipe exactly, how can I say whether it was truly good or not? All I'm saying is that I didn't like what I did with it. I'm willing to try other versions like Joy's.

I am all for the bacon + maple combination, but I just wasn't a fan of this. I am obsessed with homemade kettle corn though, which I learned how to make through Joy the Baker. I actually just made two batches and added chocolate to make it extra good. Anyway, go try Joy's recipe and let me know what you think!

No comments: